Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Walk the walk

I'm going to walk.  I've been doing it most of my life so how hard can it really be?  I walk on my breaks at work (when I remember to take them).  I walk with the kids if they beg me long enough.  I walk across parking lots on my way to one store or another.  Easy peasy. 

On July 10th and 11th I'll be walking with a purpose.  I'll be in San Francisco walking the walk... the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer!  It's a mere 39 miles across the City By The Bay.  Thirty.  Nine.  You heard me!  Ack!!!!!

I am excited to get started!  I'm going to train!  I'm going to work hard.  I'm going to raise tons of money for a great cause!!!  I'm going to do my part to ensure that no one else has to lose their parts ever again!!!! 

I hope I can make it.  I hope I can raise enough money.  $1800 is a lot of money!  I'm thinking of forming a team.  Maybe Team Mothers with Cancer or Team Class of 84!  Maybe something else entirely. 

Will you walk with me?  Will you help fight the good fight?  Will you walk for Andrea Collins-Smith, Cancer Visa, and One Mother With Cancer who lost their battles against the beast?  Will you donate for the many, many moms over at Mothers With Cancer that have been victimized by breast cancer? 

Will you walk for me

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi, I really enjoy your blog, though we haven't met. A close friend is doing very well after IBC treatment starting about 18 months ago. This is something to be very thankful for.

I haven't had the energy (and preparation!) to do the 3-day walk. Best wishes!

Living Beyond Breast Cancer said...

Best of luck in the walk! What a great cause you're doing it for :)