Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year v.2008

I am playing along on a universal meme from Sherry of Sage and Thyme. I really like the subject matter.

***********************************************
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
  • Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. or
  • Share the 5 top places on your "want to see or want to see again" list. or
  • Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.
Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.

*********************************************

TOP 5 PLACES I WANT TO SEE

1. Africa~ I have always wanted to go. I want to see the animals migrate on the Serengeti.
2. Yosemite~ Daddy-O and I have never been and it's virtually in our backyard. It's shameful.
3. Great Britain~ The history, the architecture, the warm beer (not so much).
4. Egypt/Israel~ The great pyramids, to experience the Bible "on location"...
5. New Orleans~ pre-Katrina. alas, not in my lifetime, I fear.


5 THINGS I DIDN'T PICTURE IN MY FUTURE AT THE RIPE OLD AGE OF 25

1. Breast cancer~ I put too much stock in my family history
2. Being married to Daddy-O but still being great friends with the man I dated at 25 (& his wife).
3. Having a handicapped child. I thought life would be perfect, of course.
4. Working for the government for almost 18 years and counting.
5. The role the Internet would play in my life.

I would like to tag Susan, Kim, Sarah, Canape, and well, I don't know any other bloggers well enough to tag them. Somehow it feels all impositioning and such.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, we had a bit of a rager here last night. There was copious amounts of alcohol consumption (I made my first Chocolatinis) and much partner groping. Generally, a good time was had by all. As proof I submit these photos into evidence.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Welcome 2008!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Loved your answers to the meme...I think most interesting of all is when we think of who we were at 25 and where we are now and how we couldn't envision things...makes us realize what we can visualize for the next 25 either...part of the mystery and beauty of life.

Looks like that was one big, good 'ole time party Stella!!! Everyone was having fun...and THAT is what life is all about too.

May this new year be full of promise, wonder and joy for you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

What a party! I'll meme this weekend!