1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I had breast reconstruction surgery in January and a tummy tuck as part of that surgery. Can you say "Rockin' new boobs!"? Also, started seeing a "Diet Doctor". Embarrassing yet so satisfyingly successful.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year's resolution was to appreciate life more. I did a great job keeping that one the first half of the year. But I must admit I slacked hard the last half. And, yes. I resolve to resolve again this year. Stay tuned for future attempts at greatness.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year. High hopes for 2008, though.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, I did not lose anyone close to me this year. I lost enough people last year to carry over.
5. What countries did you visit?
None unless you count down town Los Angeles as a Country unto itself or Bakersfield. Good arguments could be made for both.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Fiscal security aka money.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 19 - went back to work after cancer treatment. October 20 - one year anniversary of being cancer free!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going back to work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Keeping my cool with my kids. I am such a yeller. I hate that about myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No. Blessings from God have been abundant this year. My cancer is gone, as is my asthma. At the risk of jinxing myself, I have been wonderfully healthy the entirety of 2007. Thank God and keep it coming.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
D's piano for Christmas. Anything that gives a kid that much pleasure has got to be high up there. Although if you ask me next month it may well be at the bottom of my list.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Al Gore. I had no idea. He really opened my eyes.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I was really too busy minding to my own business to be too appalled by others.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Medical copays and credit card bills
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Blogging & reading blogs. Pretty much made everyone around me sick with it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Lucky Man by Montgomery Gentry
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Compared to last year I am happier but less content, if that makes sense. I am definitely thinner and I am oh, so much poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I pinched pennies more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Yelling at B.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I spent Christmas at home with Daddy-o and my boys and my MIL. It was a wonderful day - though not relaxing in the least. What Christmas is for the Mom...
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
At least once or twice with Daddy-O. Every afternoon with B and four or five times and hour with D.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI. I am such an addict.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
The better question would be "Do you like anyone this year that you did not like last year?" The answer would be most everyone. Cancer gave me a new perspective in that regard. Most everyone has something to offer if you look hard enough. And given the proper limitations virtually all annoying habits can be overlooked. That being said, I am a very large work in progress.
24. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
A GPS for Christmas. Yeah! But the best gift was for my birthday from Daddy-O. He gave me a digital picture frame. Awesome. I have everyone I love at their happiest looking at me all day long.
27. What did you want and not get?
A cure for cancer.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I suck at getting to watch movies. My favorite and probably only film of the year was Harry Potter.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 41 this year. I had a quiet dinner out with Daddy-O. Nothing spectacular.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More satisfying. Interesting choice of words. Better is easy. But satisfying... I guess for B to be caught up and reading at grade level after being put on meds and for D to be completely at age-level in all things despite his disability. A normal, whatever that is, family.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Buy whatever fits now... then buy what makes me look best... Now buy what makes me look hot. ;-)
32. What kept you sane?
Alchohol. Ha! Mama C and my Mother.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
The Pre-cancer Me
36. Who was the best new person you met?
If we're talking physically met it would have to be Susan. But if I just count great new friends it's a three-way tie between Susan, Kim and Sarah . All three have had dramatic influence on my life this year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007
Life is what you make it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I suck at song lyrics. I'll just blurt one out a few posts from now and you'll just have to know it's the answer to this question.
Thanks for playing. Have a happy new year everyone!!!!