Monday, February 9, 2009

Family and friends

What a busy, busy week I have had. I've been away at a class for a week (one more to go) in Port Hueneme, CA. That's just south of Ventura for all you map types. The class, Contracting for Intermediate Mission Support, is sometimes kicking my butt. It's been a long, loooong time since I've had to pay this kind of attention to things. And the learning! Gah! It's exhausting. Also, exhilarating! I'd enjoy it more if it weren't for the pressure of tests and passing the class and all that stuff.

Over the weekend (can you believe I got a whole weekend without children???) I went to visit my family out in the Inland Empire. My Grammy had to have a pacemaker put in last week and my Grandpa is still in a rehab facility after his stroke in December. He just turned 90 years old last week. I stayed at my Aunt's house. On Saturday I went out to see my Grandparents.


Aging is difficult. It's hard to watch from the outside. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for the individual. Transitions are never easy.

On my way back to school I stopped and had lunch with Mary Beth Volpini who also blogs over at Mothers With Cancer.


Mary Beth is every bit a charming and genuine in person as she is online. It was so wonderful to finally meet another of the wonderful MWC women. I wish I could meet each and every one. But now I've met Susan and Mary Beth... Two down, twenty-one to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky ot have your grandparents still! wow! All the best to them - I hope they both feel continue to feel better! Grandparents are so awesome :-)