Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Confessions of a hypochondriac

"It's no longer a question of staying healthy. It's a question of finding a sickness you like." -- Jackie Mason


I have a true confession. I've secretly been worried that my breast cancer is back. I've been feeling so off for the last few weeks. I've been tired - very tired. I've also had terrible vertigo and these consistantly nagging headaches. I'm not a headachy person. That's what has really been scaring me.

The vertigo has been ba-a-a-d. I've been nearly falling every time I get up from a laying down. And the world spins for 20-30 seconds each time. That's a really long time. It's a total flashback to my partying days... without all the fun and, well, partying. Add to that the dull occipital (lower skull) headache and a 90% cancer reoccurance risk... Shall we just say that my stress level has been topping out lately. I have even seen my wonder chiropractor several times already. His diagnosis of a "jacked up neck" was the only thing that kept me from mentally writing my obituary.

Well, the long and the short of it is this: I woke up this morning without vertigo and no headache!!! All sorts of kudos to Dr. Dana (the wonder chiro) and his magic... but I can really only credit this to one thing...

My stress level was so high when I left Dr. Dana's yesterday that I could barely stand it. We had agreed that if the headaches didn't go away by the end of the week I'd call my oncologist for a CT scan. OMG! Not again! I only finished treatment 7 months ago! So, on the way home, I did the only thing I could do. I prayed. I gave it all to God. He has a plan. I know he does. It's the best plan regardless of my limited view of the situation. I'll go with His plan and not stress about it. Everything will be ok.

And this morning, no headache. Isn't life, isn't God, grand?

No comments: